Friday, August 27, 2010

when Time was just a line that you fed me.

sometimes i'm super grateful to the me that i was yesterday. ...also known as Past Lacy. Past Lacy has my back. she does things like delete numbers out of my cell phone so i can't late night text someone. Past Lacy also decided not to buy those chocolate chip cookies, so Present Lacy can't binge on them while watching alias. (which seriously, is blowing my mind right now....and yes i know i'm about 8 years behind...blame Past Lacy) Past Lacy paid my cell phone bill and remembered my Mom's birthday. She also gets credit for being patient and waiting to buy those shoes until they were on sale.

unfortunately Past Lacy isn't perfect. Past Lacy didn't buy the cookies, but she forgot to buy milk, so Present Lacy has to eat toast for breakfast. Past Lacy also didn't organize her belongings very well when she packed them, so now Present Lacy can't find anything. maybe worst of all, Past Lacy didn't get her crap together all summer, and now Present Lacy is suffering for it.

sometimes i wish i could get the me i am now together with the me i was yesterday and have an organizational pow-ow. we could also invite the me i'll be tomorrow, just to be fair...

the following photos have nothing to do with the above post. i just like them. and i think they make my blog prettier. all found here (as per usual)





4 comments:

  1. I love Lacy. Past and present. And does present Lacy have to buy her own milk? Really? The family can't spare a little? Come to my house. We currently have 3 gallons in our fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I love that perspective on yourself! awesome, awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like you. I want to be as cool as you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you think. (Which is what I thought BEFORE seeing all these other posts who commented similarly ;)) Seriously, Lace. You're a big deal.

    ReplyDelete