Sunday, August 22, 2010

the easter parade.

now that i've returned to 'daho (for those just tuning in, i have returned to my parent's basement. and that is all i wish to say about that) my days go a lot differently. these are the ways i tend to fill my time.

- perusing jobs on craigslist, ksl, indeed, university job boards, etc.

- obsessively checking my newly established gmail account for responses to the seemingly endless amount of resumes and applications i've sent out.

- hiding out in my newly re-established room/cave. the amount of possessions crammed into a small space aid in the cave-like feeling of my newest abode.

- taking the dog for walks. (this is somewhat selfish on my part, as i fear the return to three square meals a day will cause more than just my appetite to expand...)

- trying to dodge my brothers endless requests to "go for a cruise." losing my finger strength white-knuckling the door handle of my dad's 87 buick while my brother uses the gas like a drum pedal is not exactly my idea of a great time...

- attempting to be useful to my family as an apology for my unexpected return. i try to aid the daily routines by helping with dinner, cleaning, and keeping my moping to a minimum.

- missing - people in logan, having an income, and the ability to buy bread after 9 pm.

3 comments:

  1. miiiiiiiiiiiiiis you. Also, I broke down and told Josh the story of the pediatrician. Not sure why I'm letting you know this on a blog comment, but alas, I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My comment makes me sound like I confessed something involving the pediatrician. To any comment stalkers reading this, that is false. No confessions here other than I should really think about things before I say them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah. i would only be concerned if your pediatrician was that creepy doctor from the wellness center...

    also, that story makes my life SO much better.

    ReplyDelete