Thursday, July 22, 2010

happy. also, joyful.

sometimes in these trying times of mine, i find it helps to get out of my own head and instead focus on the small joys of life. thus, i will be composing another list of happiness.

- sidewalk chalking. it brings me such joy to see a sidewalk occupied by both an octopus and a giant hamburger. (this would make more sense if i had a photo to illustrate the artistic chalk works i have recently collaborated on....)

- warm brownies from the middle of the pan.

- automatic car washes. it's possible today was the very first time i've used one. the money was worth the immense happiness it brought me.

- on the same note...a clean car. poor stella hasn't been properly cleaned in an embarrassingly long time....

- celebratory ice cream.

- haircuts.

- knitting. i'm not ashamed of my old-lady like tendencies. also, i feel much better about watching two hours of tv when i also have a tiny hat to show for it.

- eating outside.

- new records.

- the anticipation of road trips.

thus ends this particular list. hopefully it also marks a return of my sanity....


also this....this makes me happy. found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment