Thursday, February 29, 2024

JANUARY and I'm posting again.

What We Did - The usual library trips, a cupcake store outing, some park time on unseasonably warm days. Went to a concert at Kilby Court and felt so young and also had a crush on every person in every band. The month lasted FOREVER but I somehow didn't do much.


Inspired by - Decluttering, needle felting (I got a kit for Christmas and I'm very into it), going to the Squirrel Flower concert.


Watching - I set a goal to watch 50 movies this year. Started strong this month with the new Mean Girls movie, a re-watch of Barbie, and first time viewing of both Michael Keaton Batman Movies. We had to watch Batman Returns over two nights because the penguin scenes were making me nauseous. I watched all of Colin from Accounts (so good) and we started a rewatch of Brooklyn 99.


Reading - An amazing reading month. I read Terrace House, Bad Mormon, Romantic Comedy, Looking Glass Sound, and Divine Rivals. All bangers. (well, I remain confused about the broad popularity of Divine Rivals, but it provided a lot of great conversation with Ashley, so it still gets grouped with the bangers)


Thinking about - Oof. The failure of our country to do the right thing since like, the beginning. Palestine and Gaza and all of it.


Listening to - Vampire Empire by Big Thief over and over and over.


Dream life - I had a baby and couldn't find it. Horrifying on several levels.


Researching - Needle felting tutorials. Other than that, nothing. My brain wants to be empty.


Organizing - Starting in the kitchen, a cupboard a day. I've already fallen off of this. 


Cooking + Eating + Drinking - We ate at a new taco place when my mom had the kids and we've already gone back for takeout. Their chips and salsa are so so good. 


Grateful for - I'm feeling weird about feeling grateful for things lately. Of course I am grateful, and I have so so much. But I haven't earned any of it. It's just luck that I live here and have all the privileges I do and it feels so unfair that everyone isn't granted the same. 


What the girls are into - 

Norah - Axolotls, Legos, make it mini sets, drawing anime style characters, reading all the graphic novels, her gravity falls game, and her new taylor swift tee shirt.

June - dressing up, drawing, driving the truck, pretending to be an orphaned princess, reading every sign and label she sees. 


What Everett is doing - 

Referring to Brian as "Evie's Dad". Referring to me as Gwen Stacy. Referring to himself as Spidey, Spidey Dad, Gwen Stacey, and Peter. 


Magic - The kids wheeling around suitcases for their game of "World Traveling Veterinarians." Ev goes back and forth between being a companion on their travels and an animal they find. They go to Africa and California and I get to needle felt the whole time. 


Missing - This is the point in winter where summer feels like a thing that's not real. So I'm missing the memory of summer I guess? And sunlight.

 

Looking forward to - I am truly enjoying being done with the holidays, so I am looking forward to, and currently enjoying, just having things be normal and uneventful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment