Tuesday, March 19, 2024

February!

What We Did - took advantage of the creepily warm days with some playground excursions. Took the girls to a Taylor Swift Laser Show at the Planetarium. Always several library trips. Had a playdate at the mall.


Inspired by - Art accounts on Instagram 


Watching - I finally watched We are Lady Parts and it was just as amazing as everyone said. Brian and I watched Moonstruck for the first time and baby Nicholas Cage was fascinating and Cher is so beautiful and they fall in love in 48 hours?? A wild ride. We rewatched Plus One and it really might be my favorite romcom made in the last 5 years. We finished The Resort which had good Lost vibes. Also Abbott Elementary is back!


Reading - We Could Be So Good, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday Murder Club, and Vera Wong's Unsolicited Advice for Murderers. Did not intentionally read two books about elderly people solving murders, but I'm not mad about it. 


Thinking about - Why am I so tired? Why I am I lightly nauseous? (I am not pregnant) Why does my neck hurt?


Listening to - The newest season of The Neighborhood Listen, catching up on You're Wrong About, and the newest season of Newcomers which is about Batman. (A perfect companion to our recent viewings of the Michael Keaton movies). I have only been listening to Post Malone in the car at the request of Everett, who mostly wants to hear "Sunflower" on repeat. 


Researching - Dr. Marten oxfords, red light masks, the perfect pair of jeans (still looking).


Organizing - Apart from the top shelf of the pantry, NOTHING. 


Cooking + Eating + Drinking - Took the girls out to Taqueria 27 (Norah has been requesting their queso for weeks.) Got more takeout from Facil. Had dinner with Hailey at MakanMakan. I cooked the best dinner with this carne asada, baked potatoes, and corn bread. I've been making more Americanos at home at drinking a True Lemon packet + a collagen packet + ice water for an afternoon drink treat at work. 


Grateful for - Brian has been out of work this month, and I've been very grateful that our financial situation is secure enough that is hasn't been a big deal. Sometimes still driving a 2005 Toyota Camry pays off!!


What the kids are into - We've been playing Mario Kart together on the Switch and Norah and June are really getting the hang of it. Everett is probably a session or two away from realizing he's not actually driving any of the cars and is, in fact, holding an Xbox controller. 

We spent a whole weekend with every stuffed animal out and arranged in different areas of the house because they were running an zoo/doctor's office. An axolotl had babies, they had "playtime" visiting hours, it was a whole thing. 


Magic - Sitting in the kids room after bedtime trying to delegate a fight about a broken pencil and just silently crying because I love them all so much. I know that doesn't sound like magic, but it really was. I wish I could just freeze some moments to come back and visit later because I know I'm going to miss this time so so much. (That doesn't mean I don't get annoyed or frustrated or crave more alone time, but I really am in such a "soaking it in" stage of parenting)


Missing - Motivation? I haven't wanted to do anything this week but read and watch tv. I know that rest is good, but it still unnerves me when I have to really force myself to get needed things done.

 

Looking forward to - Disney on Ice with the kids in March! Friend trip to Moab in April! Kilby Block Party in May! Warm weather, generally!

No comments:

Post a Comment