Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Jan-Jan-January


The longest month of the year is over! Now just 8 more months of winter. (I am grumpy)


What We Did - 

We went sledding on the tiny hill by the pool. Thanks to our neighbors for sharing their sleds. I went to a bridal fair with Sara. A family trip to Ikea. I had dinner with Syd, Emily and Sara at Bricks (very good). We had a breakfast hang-out with friends. Family trip to the Planetarium. Had brunch with Jami and Ashley at Tradition (also very good). June stayed the weekend with my mom, and Norah and I went to pick her up in Ogden at the mall. 

Inspired by - 

The start of a new year. My new planner and "currently" journal.

Watching -

I finished OMITB. Started Fleishman is in Trouble. Playing House

Reading - 

Fleishman is in Trouble. The Unsinkable Greta James. Flying Solo. All bangers. Fleishman had so much good writing about motherhood and long term relationships. And Flying Solo was a new favorite. I liked Linda Holmes' first book, but I LOVED this one. 

Listening to - 

Midnights. Old episodes of Comedy Bang Bang to get through chores.

Dream life - 

I had a dream we went on a cruise with all our friends (and our kids for some reason) and Brian hated it. 

Researching - 

Ozempic. (Not to try. Just how it's the new phen phen and how alarming I find that.) Having an Abundance mindset. Cycle syncing. 

Organizing - 

The kids room. The toys in my new Besta. 

Cooking + Eating + Drinking - 

I've been reading a lot of cookbooks and hopefully that eventually translates to actually cooking new things. I was looking in a planner from 2020 and our meal rotation is largely the same as it was then and that bums me out so much.

Grateful for - 

My job. My kids. My husband. My parents. My friends. My apartment. My dumb cats. 

What the girls are into - 

Magnatiles (especially June). Still playing animal hospital all weekend. Witch School has been a new game in the rotation and they also just started playing Roblox together which is v cute.



What Everett is doing - 

Crawling around and being a dinosaur. Listening to Let it Go on the daily. We are experiencing a full blown Frozen renaissance over here. If he can get someone to do "ring around the rosie" with him it's the biggest highlight of his day.

Loves his friends, and a shirt>vest situation.

Continues to love accessories.

Magic - 

The kids all running around in the snow, just ecstatic. 



Missing - 

Still missing the sun! It's been so cloudy all month and it's ruining my life. 

Looking forward to - 

Spring break trip!

With a picture of my mom wearing the same dress.


Watching our kids descend on Ikea was truly a site to behold.



No comments:

Post a Comment