Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Currently - March 2021

March! March has been....pretty good? There's still a whole day left, and who knows where that big boat will get stuck next, or what kind of global trauma could descend upon us all. But so far March has brought vaccines for Brian and I, the first friend hangout since this summer, and Everett getting to meet his great-grandparents. All lovely, lovely things. I have the smallest glimmer of hope that maybe someday I'll be able to re-establish all the parts of my personality that were slowly stripped away over the course of a year of pandemic, pregnancy, and postpartum. The trifecta! Fingers crossed.

Inspired by - 

A bunch of illustrators I started following on Instagram. I've pinned approximately 20 new pieces of art I want for our home.

Watching -

Scientology and the Aftermath. So fascinating and heart wrenching. On the lighter side, we subscribed to Discovery+ so we've been watching a lot of Four Weddings, Ace of Cakes, and Comedians on Couches, where three comedians watch House Hunters together. It's probably the best covid content I've seen.

Reading - 

I read The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd and I'm still thinking about it. It's told from the perspective of Ana, the wife of Jesus, and it's a very feminist and thoughtful story. Highly recommend, no matter your spiritual leanings. 

Thinking about - 

Do the kids have any summer clothes? Do I want a pair of Tevas? How will we ever keep the tiny toys away from Everett once he's more mobile? When can I go to the movies? What was the content of all the notes I lost on my phone?

Listening to - 

My new spring* playlist. (I say spring, but I will likely keep adding on to it all year)

Researching - 

Houses we can never afford, in neighborhoods we can never live in, with giant yards that my kids will never play in. Grumble grumble grumble.

Cooking + Eating + Drinking - 

It's been almost a year of Brian and I having bruschetta for dinner like, every week. I had a craving for it when I was pregnant last summer and it just...kind of stuck. I have been saving a lot of recipes but not cooking any of them. Hoping I get the motivation to try a little more. It's always a hard slog back to that space after a pregnancy and getting back to work.

Grateful for - 

Vaccinated friends and family, sleeping in on Saturday, curious hilarious children. 

What the girls are into - 

June has been taking very good care of her babies, and most recently birthed a tiny baby monkey named polka dot. Her list of "cool things" is garbage trucks, dinos, and airplanes. She desperately wants a pair of pink crocs.

Norah has circled back to her love of LOL dolls and was delighted today that she was wearing her LOL shirt and LOL backpack and had an LOL coloring book to put inside that backpack. She's currently stuck on the word "donut" and drew a picture of a donut house on the calendar to remind us to pick up weekend donuts. She was NOT pleased that she had to continue to wear her puffer coat after the first day of spring. 

What Everett is doing - 

Everett is having a big month! He's started rolling onto his stomach all the time, and just this week has been able to 360 his way across the blanket. Rolling across the living room is in our very near future. He has also popped his first tooth and has been very chill about it? 

Missing - 

Nothing specific, but I keep doing that thing where I look at too many old pictures on Facebook or listen to mix cd's from college and get that bad kind of nostalgia.  

Looking forward to - 

A summer that feels more like a real summer. Baby Animal Days (we already have tickets!). Farmer's markets and good produce.

Can be found wearing dress-up shoes for the majority of her waking hours.
Also Spiderman gloves 




I truly cannot.





Does your pet ever third-wheel your hand-holding?


Normal Ice Cream at Harmons!


Meeting a new friend and v into it.


An extremely helpful cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment