Tuesday, November 13, 2012

as of late.


loving: my life. i'm not one to make big blanket statements like that. at least not in the positive sense. i can say big things like "this apartment is the worst" or "i would literally rather die than go to work today" but not often for things of a happy nature. however, i'm pretty satisfied with things. brian and i have a happy simple life and it's very agreeable to me. there are things that i would maybe change (see work reference above) but for the most part i'm kind of the most settled and content i've ever been.

reading: the curious incident of the dog in the night-time. i'm not too far into it, but i really like it so far. it's written from the point of view of an autistic 15 year old boy solving the mystery of who murdered his neighbors dog. it's pretty intriguing. i also just finished live from new york: an uncensored history of saturday night live, which i really loved. brian and i started watching the first season of snl and it's made me realize my previously unknown love of gilda radner and john belushi.

watching: cougar town. soooo much cougar town. i need everyone to understand that it's really funny. and in no way about cougars (the cat or the middle aged woman). anyway, i've been renting it from the library and just found out there are only three seasons so far, and the third season isn't out on dvd yet. basically this happened.

anticipating: christmas and all that entails. including, but not limited to, wrapping presents, decorating, baking things, watching elf, drinking too much hot chocolate, buying a (tiny) christmas tree, and brian getting a break from school.

listening to: the records i got for my birthday (avett brothers - the carpenter and good old war - come back as rain) and basically my whole ipod. i've just been browsing it and picking artists at random to fill my 8 hours of desk time a day. soon i will probably start listening to some christmas music.

working on: crafting christmas decorations. i should be working on actually putting things up on the walls. that's a thing grown-ups probably do.

wishing: i didn't have severe writers block whenever i try to document my life. here, my private blog, my journal. i'm just coming up blank everywhere.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you're reading A Curious Incident of the Dog in the NIghttime. I really enjoyed reading it! And sometimes I catch myself counting the number of white cars or black cars or what ever in a row and think to myself "It's going to be a terrible day."

    I like your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i quite like yours too.

      also have you read extremely loud and incredibly close? cause i think you would like it if you liked Curious Incident. and also it's really really great.

      Delete
  2. iiii just love how you think & write. :)

    first married christmas, right!?!? aaaahhhh!!!! the best. i was sick for ours, but it was still the best.

    ReplyDelete