Friday, May 11, 2012

wedding type..things.

so. along with being engaged comes the responsibility of...planning a wedding. yes. that.

that is the thing that will be on my mind for the next 113 days. (um. i downloaded an app for wedding planning. but the home screen is just a GIANT countdown. i haven't gotten around to using the app at all, so i just look at the countdown sometimes. don't judge me.)

here are some issues with being engaged/wedding planning i have already encountered.

-there are a lot a LOT of really terrible photographers. but they still charge juuuust as much.

-i don't like wedding dresses. i mean...they're pretty. but they're all giant. and too sparkly. and seemingly identical. (are you in the market for a t-shirt top dress with figure flattering draping and a big skirt with any variety of pick-ups? have i got the bridal shops for you!) also, anything i need assistance to dress myself in reeeeally bums me out.

-i won't ever be able to refer to brian as my man or my hubby (i'm not judging anyone who uses these terms. i just know, for a fact, they will never come out of my mouth). i will, however, be able to call him "my gentleman caller."

-sometimes i forget that i'm engaged, so if someone notices my ring/asks me about it, i give them a blank stare for a good 20 seconds while i try to figure it out. people are starting to lose confidence in me.

-is engagement brain a thing? is there a way to prevent catching it? i really need to be on the top of my game right now.

1 comment:

  1. haha. being engaged is so fun! I can't wait to see your wedding dress [your wedding, your way, right???] :)

    ReplyDelete