Saturday, September 5, 2015

June in Review



Someday someday maybe my blog will be more than just monthly recaps. But also, maybe it won't. Trying to decide if I care. In the meantime...

June!

We celebrated the most sacred of holidays, Donut Day. At Ashley's suggestion, we went to Donuts & Deli and oooooh my goodness I never thought a place could give Banbury Cross a run for its money.

We went to an interfaith service to kick off Pride Weekend. We only made it for about an hour before Norah was 100% done, but what we heard was lovely and made me feel feelings.

We marched in the parade for the second year. Norah seemed like a natural, so I think we'll start signing her up for pageants soon. (Pageant winners get to be in parades sometimes, right? That's my line of thinking at least.)

We started doing a babysitting swap with Jamilyn and Nathan. On our first night with little Clementine, Brian was mostly out of the apartment dealing with a Jiffy Lube related car issue (don't ask). Managing to get two kiddos to bed by myself made feel like the champion of champions. (dear mothers of multiples, I applaud you.)

My cousin got married (which i'm pretty sure isn't legal, because in my mind she'll always be like...7), so we had a lovely day that started with breakfast at Finns (geez, someone make us go somewhere else for a change) and walking around City Creek. I loved seeing them come out the of the temple soooo happy and newlywed-y. We made a quick trip to Malad for their reception and the whole day was so sweet and happy.

We hung stuff up in our apartment! This is pretty exciting because it took us a year to do it in our last place, and as far as I remember we hung up approximately two things at our first apartment.

We discovered iced lattes and now our lives will never be the same.

Summer fun club went on adventures to the chalk art festival at the gateway, and we had a bowling/Leatherby's night. Highlights included Norah knocking a bowl of au jus in my lap and not being completely terrible at bowling!

We celebrated Father's Day with breakfast (of course) at The Egg and I (look a different place!).

It took us two tries, but we finally got to take Norah out to the complex pool. She loved it and I want to dress her in bathing suits forever and ever amen.

We had a date night to see Inside Out. Gah. The crying you guys. So much crying.

Norah had an eventful month and learned to crawl, clap, and wave (not in that order). Having a mobile child is definitely a change from having one that could just slowly roll around, but it's so stinking adorable to see how excited she gets to be able to go where she wants. I also love love love hearing her chasing after me and laughing. So cute.








Norah loves smiling at this book baby.




She also loves this photo of her grandparents.


Norah's first selfie.
Remember when Norah would just happily lie there
and let us take her monthly photo? Yeah, me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment