Tuesday, November 8, 2022

The (almost) best month of the year! (September)




What We Did - 

Brian and I had a day date for our anniversary. We got our favorite breakfast, and went to some small shops to look at records and crystals and tarot cards. We had a biking playdate. I took the girls night swimming in our apartment pool. It was super fun, but also had the unfortunate timing of being a day when it had dropped 20 degrees overnight. Still fun, but chillier than expected. I worked a shift at Barnyard Friends at the State Fair. The kids and I met up with my mom at the Ogden Dinosaur Park. We had a cook-out in the canyon with friends, a playdate with Jeremiah and Shannon. We took an aquarium trip for Norah's birthday. The kids had a weekend in Malad so we could have a whole weekend in Park City! I followed it up by flying out on Monday for Minneapolis for my very first work conference.


Inspired by - 

My fall nostalgia cd. (age of adz by Sufjan Stevens). 

Watching -
 
Task Master. Masterchef. Glow Up.

Reading - 

Seance Tea Party -(a very sweet YA graphic novel that deals with grief and changing friendships.) Halloween books to the kids. I tried to start a book and had somehow missed that it was about two young sisters going missing and had to nope out IMMEDIATELY.


Thinking about - 

My work conference at the end of the month. Fall activities I want to do.  This viral house tour and a kitchen couch. How Jason Mantzoukas will probably never date me because we have a 15 year age difference. 

Listening to - 

Age of Adz (see above). The Twee Spotify playlist

Researching - 

Dressing for your Venus sign. Cute ghost art. Magnetic Fields lyrics.


Organizing - 

Packing lists. To do lists. The kids closet. 

Cooking + Eating + Drinking - 

Drinking - (hot) coffee with pumpkin spice creamer!! Eating - a baked good hopefully! Cooking - very little! Sorry about your lack of vegetables children!


Grateful for - 

Traveling safely, making a couple friends at the conference, Ashley introducing me to americanos a few months ago, the muddy buddy cookie I got at the Mall of America.

What the girls are into - 

Norah - losing teeth, being excited for her birthday, making lists (my heart!!), being worried about the environment.

June - wearing costumes to preschool, NOT being interrupted, writing letters and her name (my heart again!!!)

What Everett is doing - 

Finding ways to be cuter every day. Doing pratfalls off his elephant car. Adding on to his noise repertoire with ghosts, trains, and buses. Pretending to be a cat. Being so happy just to be included. 

Magic - 

The view of the Utah mountains from a plane. 


Missing - 

My kids because I foolishly booked our park city weekend right before my work conference. 

Looking forward to - 

Halloween! Harry Styles and Lizzo concerts! Wearing boots! 

Norah was taking a group photo for us and Ev needed to join in. And then the last picture! They are the same person.

No comments:

Post a Comment