Wednesday, February 15, 2017

August.


August! This month...

Brian and I returned to the rock climbing gym and got our top rope certifications!

We took Norah for frozen yogurt and walked around Sugarhouse a bit.

We hit up the Holladay Farmer's Market. It's small and adorable and Norah was delighted that people kept handing her little samples of food.

We played in the water at the Canyonlands in Liberty Park with the Hiltons.

We went to TWO balloon festivals. One on our own in Sandy, where we were mostly too late to see any ballons launch. But we did see some already in the air, and one that they kept on the ground (that was an owl, much to Norah's amazement.)

The second festival was in Eden. We went with my family and got there there in plenty of time to see launches. They lit up several of the balloons once it got dark which entranced the kiddo. There were food trucks and sno cones and it had that small town festival feel that I never get sick of.

We finally took Norah swimming in our complex pool. She was felt pretty iffy about it, but started to come around after watching Brian jump in a few times.

Norah had the time of her life getting sno-cones at Bob's Brainfreeze and ended up with a lot of melty ice dripping down her legs somehow.

We had a wine and cheese night with the Saunders. I ate a lot of cheese and chocolate. And drank some wine and got really sleepy.

Janiece came to visit and we went to Tracy Aviary. Norah only had a meltdown after she was forced to leave the teepee and fell down in the process.

We made another stop in our effort to try more local coffee places. Sugarhouse Coffee got two thumbs up from me and might be the best chai latte I've had. We took Norah to Laird Park afterwards and she was enthralled enough for us to sit down and drink our coffee somewhat in peace.

Certified yo!
I love seeing how she sleeps.
Loves her dad, his hat, and this bunny someone left at daycare.
Glashies!


All the cute photos at Liberty Park.


Balloon Festival #1
More reluctant friends.
My "everyone but me has been sick for 4 days" face.
A crappy week made slightly better by a walk and this view.
Remind me next time that I shouldn't cut Norah's bangs.
New glasses for the first time since 2009.
Ran into some LARP'ers on my walk. They yelled pedestrian as I walked by.
Her "I found a pinecone" face.




Balloon Festival #2
Sno-cone legs.




She is obsessed with her rain boots.
Chasing ducks.

The happy before the meltdown at Tracy Aviary.

Norah decided to join this duck family.

No comments:

Post a Comment