Tuesday, July 3, 2012

confession.

i had a lot of alone time this weekend. brian had band practice and other plans for both saturday and sunday afternoons. two of my roommates were in california. and my third and newest roommate worked what seems like a bajillion hours. (her cat, however, did take up residence under my bed for the duration of the weekend)

so it was just me and oskar. and he mostly ditched me to sleep in the saucer chair or chase eat bugs.

so what did i do with all this free time? i scrubbed the kitchen counters. folded some week old laundry. finished my book. organized my fridge shelf and my bathroom shelf. (it will be so strange when an entire fridge is mine to organize, not just half a shelf.)

i also got pretty excited to watch whatever i wanted on tv.

this is actually a bad thing. because then i watch four consecutive episodes of four weddings. (these have given me exactly zero pointers on throwing my own wedding. except that people will really complain if they get attacked by ants during the ceremony)

or i watch dear john, because it was on tv, and i've never seen it, and there wasn't anything else on, and it was too hot to go outside, and hey, channing tatum was cool for a while.

or i start watching bunheads because gilmore girls is my heart song and i've missed amy sherman palladino, and i enjoy being ridiculed.

what i'm saying is, someone needs to monitor my free time more closely. oskar is doing a terrible job. (he watched all of dear john with me)

No comments:

Post a Comment