Sunday, December 5, 2010

i tried to do handstands for you.

tomorrow i'm starting a new job. (for those of you keeping track on your official lacy davis scorecard, this will be my third job since moving to salt lake. no big deal)


things i will (kind of) miss about my previous place of employment.


- starting my work day at 1:30


- the part-time instructor who looked and dressed like a j.crew model. [um, i will maybe really miss him]


- immediate access to hot chocolate, water bottles and soda (which i don't really drink. but just knowing it was there was comforting)


- being able to change the print cartridge and use the labelmaker. (two tasks i weirdly enjoy)


- my co-worker with the last name of Bottom. (yes, my sense of humor is often on par with that of a 10 year-old boy. case in point. my mother said "number 2" the other day and i laughed for about five minutes)


- the constant stream of cnn. sometimes it made my brain want to cry, but it kept me ridiculously well informed.


- another co-worker who liked to sit at my desk for the last hour of my shift and tell me about her life. (juicy details include an abusive ex-boyfriend, a new, but possibly soon to be ex-ed boyfriend, and a secret unplanned pregnancy. ....you can't make this stuff up)


- the columbian man-boy who greeted me every day with a "heey seester" before requesting coffee.


so farewell first grown-up job. hello new grown-up job. 


[you may now feel free to subject me to any range of infectious disease as i will soon be medically insured. woot]

No comments:

Post a Comment