Sunday, October 31, 2010

we grew up in spite of it.

currently - looking up nutella-based recipes. i finally gave in and bought some yesterday. i won't divulge how much of it is already gone. (although, to be fair, i did take it to a party in an effort to not eat the whole jar by myself)

also i feel like i am finally ready to discuss with you (you? who do i think i'm talking to? mainly myself...) the complete and utter commotion a single week can bring. in the course of one week, not many weeks ago, i bought my first car, got a real job, became single, and had one of my bestest friends move a bike's ride away (assuming i'm the kind of person who frequently bikes long distances. it seems safe to assume from my nutella consumption that i am not) i made it through that historical week more or less in one piece, and even came away with a steady paycheck (boo....yah)

i bring this up because another epic week is about to descend. nay, has already descended. the weekend began with festivities of the halloween type (which is possibly my favorite holiday. christmas is also a close contender, perhaps only for the repeated listenings of Christmas Don't Be Late). tomorrow is sufjan day, where my being will finally finally be assailed with the live musical stylings that so far i have been able to glimpse only via youtube. [also, this may one day be remembered as the first time i attempted to kidnap a musician] this week also marks my 23rd year of life. i plan on celebrating with dinosaur cake and new shoes. november 5th is v is for vendetta party day (masks may be worn) and the very next day i get to reunite with some of my favorite idaho people in one of my favorite idaho places. (i will sometimes admit to a certain fondness for the tiny town in which i grew up).

so for now i'm sitting and wearing my old man socks and waiting for the greatness to truly begin. (simultaneously, i'm dreading the early morning which i must suffer at work in order to go to the aforementioned concert)

and if anyone is in the market for some nutella croissants you know where to find me. (hopefully not literally....'cause that's borderline creepy)

the end.

wait!
a photo of my family for brother's birthday. precious.

DSC02253ed

ok. really the end.

4 comments:

  1. I am kind of super jealous of how awesome you are. Can I grow up to be you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Lacy!!! Saw Brittany's sweet post about you :) Hope your day is fun, funny ('cause who doesn't like a good laugh?), magical, and makes you feel special. :) You're great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will never be able to hear the chipmunks and not think of you. Also, you're hilarious. I've now read through this post 3 times since you wrote it and laugh every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. karlie, not only will i allow it, but i'll me your mentor.

    thanks kell! it was a pretty magical day. : )

    brit - i owe at least half of my hilarity to you. also, i would really like to play the chipmunks song for the babies. let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete