Wednesday, January 4, 2012

obligatory 2011 post.

2011 was about change. it was about eating. a lot. it was about concerts and roadtrips. festivals and movies and being outside. it was about accepting my flaws. and trying to accept others. it was about loving my family more and realizing how strong my friendships are. it was about understanding what i deserve. it was about getting out of bed every day a little happier.

mostly, 2011 was about moving. moving on, moving forward. moving away from things that didn't make me happy, and closer to things that do. moving towards the person i really am.

2011 is the first year i had a grown-up job. it's the year i got a henna tattoo and seriously contemplated getting a real one. it's the year i got a cat, and a boy i would end up dating named him Oskar. it's the year i got my first motorcycle burn and feared for my life accidentally waiting in line for a kottonmouth kings concert. it's the year i went to Coachella and Sundance and watched all 5 seasons of 30 Rock for the first time. it's the year i tried to catch up to technology by getting into podcasts, and instagram, and duct-taping my laptop together.

2011 was a good year. probably one of my favorites. your move, 2012.

happy (belated) new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment