Tuesday, December 29, 2015

September in Review



Maybe someday I'll start thinking up snappier titles for these monthly review posts? I'll work on it.

This month we...

- Since we celebrated our anniversary the last weekend in August on our actual annversary we....basically just ate the rest of our wedding cake. No complaints.

- Driving to work one windy day, I saw a garbage can lid blow up and nail a passing bike rider. I exploded with laughter and the bike rider continued to pedal away (I assume, with only his pride damaged). That's the kind of thing that I feel like happens to me all the time.

- We had brunch at Caffe Niche with Amber and Ben. We had never been there before and we both proclaimed it delicious and Norah blessed it with a scattering of cheerios.

- We went to the State Fair. Norah liked the chickens, I liked the corn dogs, and we all liked the baby animals.

- Norah started a new daycare. Our previous daycare provider/friend found out she was having twins(!) so she understandably wasn't going to be able to watch her anymore. We found a new in-home place with some other kiddos Norah's age and she seems to really like it! (Can we also discuss how this summer I had to find both a new job AND a new daycare and try to make them coordinate? Holy stressful.)

- We tried to watch lip sync battle. It was painful.

- We celebrated Norah's first birthday! We had a super small party with family and a few friends and it was so so great. We watched a video of Norah's first year and ate some pizza and snacks, Norah opened some awesome presents, and she only had a minor meltdown when I tried to make her wear her birthday hat. I cannot believe we've had a full year with this kid. She's the best thing ever and I love her more every day.

- After everyone left we all ended up taking a long nap. After Norah woke up she got to watch some Daniel Tiger and eat some more of her cake in a bowl. She lives a good life.

- Norah's party was the weekend before the actual day. On her real birthday she got some mac and cheese from noodles and company, we took her to liberty park, and she got to eat some more of her cake. And maybe I cried while I was rocking her to sleep. All to be expected.

And now a million pictures!


Norah's first baby.
Just sleeping on some twine.

The fair!

Birthday Kiddo

A small breakdown.















So blurry, but I love how she leans against walls all the time like this.
Helping me clean out my closet.

Birthday-ing at Liberty Park.
One year old!

These balloons stayed afloat for nearly a month, and started to really freak us out.


New Ride.


My life.

No comments:

Post a Comment