Thursday, April 7, 2011

throwback thursday - poser

so there was a time in high school that i thought i was punk. just to be clear....i wasn't. but i thought i was.


i tripped around in my skater shoes and graphic print volcom tees and anxiously awaited trips to hot topic to restock my supply of pins and rubber bracelets. i listened to super hardcore bands like brand new, green day, and mxpx and went to warped tour like nobody's business.


it was my fondest dream to have some tattooed faux-hawked band guy sing this song to me. since i grew up in idaho, and in a town sorely lacking this type of person, this sadly never happened.





i eventually outgrew this stage of my life, although my punk poser persona (alliteration!) still manifests itself in my affinity for band shirts and colorful hair. (it's currently fuchsia if anyone is keeping a chart...)

1 comment:

  1. ohhhhh man, we were the same person in high school. I feel like this was literally ripped from my high school journal. The first boy I had a crush on sang this song to me and gave me his checkered wrist band with a Taking Back Sunday pin. Ah, young love...

    ReplyDelete