Thursday, July 11, 2013

confessions of a non-shocking nature.

i think the phrase "noodle over" is one of the funniest things ever. as in "here's a lease for you to noodle over." i literally just picture a big spaghetti noodle rolling around on a stack of papers.

recently i discovered the bulk bins at Sprouts, which is conveniently located a block away from my office. thusly, i have been inhaling chocolate-covered pretzels like it's my job. (can you imaaaaaagine??)

at the beginning of the summer i got five succulents. i have since killed four of them. actually, i'm only going to take blame for three, as one of them was repeatedly dug up and batted around by the cats. i don't know what it did to offend them, but it sure paid for it. the remaining plant has been relocated to a location with better sun and hopefully less visibility to those who would destroy it.

our new apartment has wood paneling in it. and i think i'm going to like it.

it has taken foreeeeever to get through a particularly unsatisfactory tube of toothpaste. (i was not digging the flavor). and since i refused to waste the rest of it, there was much rejoicing when it was finally time to buy a new one. imagine our chagrin when out of the 40+ kinds of toothpaste available, we brought home the EXACT SAME KIND.

i finally snuck my back pillow into work. and i mean literally. i waited for a morning when i was would be coming in moderately early and the other person in my office would be off. maybe it's ridiculous, but i really don't like answering questions about my back support pillow. it makes me feel like i'm 75.

i don't know that i have ever used my hot glue gun without burning myself in the process. there is clear evidence of this by the burn blister currently residing on my pointer finger.

i always unbutton my jeans as i'm walking toward the stalls in the work bathroom. that's going to be a problem for me one day, right?

the other day i missed the turn for my street because i was thinking about how cute oskar is.

do you want to see some crappy phone pictures of cats? awesome.

IMG_41582
last weekend i found out how much wallace likes the mindy project.

IMG_41642
sometimes you just need to lay on the bed while the fan is pointing at you. even if your bedroom is really messy. (you can see the offending back pillow in the background)

IMG_41732
bugs don't stand a chance around these two. (i wasn't kidding about the messy bedroom)

IMG_41492
my parent's new kitten is very cute and bitey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment