Friday, September 9, 2011

year-iversary.

status

tuesday may have seemed ordinary to you, but it marked my official year-iversary of living in salt lake. guys. i've lived here a YEAR. i've been graduated from college for OVER A YEAR. i've had a grown up job for NINE MONTHS. i learned how to type in all caps TODAY.

i know i've already documented the past year on this blog o' mine, but i would like to go back. back a year ago....

(cue swirly music)

i moved to salt lake after a three week stint in my parent's basement. i was maybe a bit eager to get here, and wasn't even deterred when my new room was still full of the previous occupant's furniture. i slept on the mattress she abandoned. (on the floor, as shown in the above facebook status. it's still a mystery to me what became of the boxspring..) also included in my new space were free condoms in the dresser! thusly, i went out that very night to buy a mattress cover and a lunchable. dinner!

things actually got a bit worse before they got better.

within the first month of moving, i hated my waitressing job and...stopped going. i wrecked my car. i got super broke. my boyfriend dumped me. i missed pretty much everyone in logan. even the angry old couple i used to have to wait on all the time.

everything went wrong. everything. i remember my mom asking me why i was staying. because! because i'm stubborn. because i had felt like this was the right decision and i was going to prove it. because i wuss out of so many other things, and i didn't want to this time.

and then! and then things started working out. i got a new car (with air conditioning!) that i didn't even have to take out a loan for. i got a job. and then i got a better job where they like, pay me on holidays. what! i realized how insanely great my roommates were. i met people and learned things that restored my faith in love and relationships and happiness. (i reserve the right to be cheesy for my year-iversary. suck it)

and it's like...things are good. things are great actually. i've had illegal amounts of fun this year. i've made great friends, and cemented bonds with old ones. i've grown up (in ways..) and learned so much and i feel like i'm the most myself that i've ever been.

so salt lake, i'm looking forward to our next year together. what do you have for me? cause i can totally take it.

1 comment:

  1. Three Cheers for LACY! Sounds like a good year. Way to tough out the hard times and enjoy the rewards of the good ones!

    PS -- I had no a/c in my car for the past three summers, and FINALLY fixed the problem about a month ago. A/C IS HEAVEN!

    ReplyDelete