Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Some things badly written.

Forgive me internet, I'm about to write while under the influence of a head cold.

This summer lasted approximately 37 seconds and somehow we didn't make any s'mores, or go to the zoo, or go swimming more than once (though I mostly blame our complex pool not opening till August for that.) I almost panicked, but then I realized that actually most of the summer stuff I want to do will be much better in the coming months, when the sun isn't trying to cook the skin off our bodies.

We did, however, get to find ANOTHER DAYCARE. I don't know what I did karmically to deserve this torture, but please accept my apology madam universe. Our new place is really really really great so I'm crossing every single finger that this is our long term situation.

We thought for a moment about moving when our lease was up, but as it turns out, it's hard to find a nice apartment in salt lake? I mean, it's not, but it is when 1/4 of your income is already taken up with daycare expenses and you can't really stretch your rent budget any further. Oh well. We love this apartment and whenever we do leave I will cry huge terrifying tears because it's the place where both our babies have lived most of their lives thus far.

Last week Brian went back to school (he's the most adorable accounting nerd I've ever seen) Norah went back to preschool part time (somewhat reluctantly, that's how much she loves new daycare), and I WENT BACK TO SCHOOL. Now, hold on. Because that all caps declaration makes me sound a lot cooler than I am. I'm taking a singular fitness class (body strength and tone, if you were curious) and it's already filling me with anxiety. The first day I instantly clocked that I was one of two students older than 20. We went around saying what fun thing we did that summer, and my classmates regaled us with tales of travel to Thailand, Italy, and Rome, weekends in Vegas, skydiving adventures, and jeeping in Moab. My contribution was that I had gotten an aquarium pass. I just wanted everyone to know from the get-go where I'm at. Our first actual workout was yesterday, and I survived, head cold and all! My body has the strength of a limp noodle currently (it hasn't been al dente since long before I grew two humans in my uterus) but I'm trying to grant myself grace in my abilities and to try and track progress, however it looks. Also every muscle I possess is screaming at me today.

We've discovered late night cookie delivery and it's the best/worst thing that ever happened.

I got a new computer mouse and it made my whole day and then I felt old but also ok because it's the little things, you know?

Norah has recently realized she can leave her room in the middle of the night. I keep waking up with her wedged between me and Brian, or laying next to me on the ottoman when I fall asleep on the couch with Juniper. One night when I sat up to grab a fussing June out of her crib she popped up from where she had been sleeping across the foot of the bed and I internally screamed for like a full ten seconds.

This has been your August update, I'm off to get more kleenex.

No comments:

Post a Comment