Monday, April 2, 2018

life lately.



We're currently on the hunt for our FIFTH daycare in 3 1/2 years. I won't say any more about it, because it's expletive filled and hey, this is a family friendly blog. Most of the time.

Norah says something new and hilarious every day, and hearing her view of the world is kind of my favorite thing ever. She loves playing and racing me to the car and gets really excited about snacks and going anywhere ever.

Juniper has her mouth open in a giant grin approximately 80% of the day. She loves her reflection and Norah's babies, and Norah in general. She rolls on her stomach a lot and gets mad about it most of the time. She's getting better at sitting up, but still requires a spotter.

We've been living in the same apartment for 3 years now and I like to think of us as old timers in the building. But because we don't talk to anyone, ever, no one knows of our legacy. Also, our across the hall neighbors are from Malad which seems impossible. Also also, one of the occupants fell asleep while something was on the stove and Brian's fire prevention mode activated to save the building from destruction. Norah got pulled out of bed after dark and got to see a fire truck and was pretty thrilled by the whole experience. (it was over the summer and she just re-told me all about it last week, so it clearly left an impression.)

So far I'm a pretty big fan of having two children. It's overwhelming and crazy and crap the laundry never ends, but those two girls make me so happy and love each other so much. I don't understand how they're mine and I love and mourn watching them grow.

We still have cats and they're mostly annoying but I like them sometimes.

We have two cars again after about a year of just having one. Our new car is an old Subaru, so we're one step closer to living our PNW dreams. (how I've managed to keep Brian from buying a kayak to strap to the top of it is beyond me.)

This next month will be our first time taking Juniper to Malad, and our first family vacation to St. George. We also have dreams of buying a hammock for our living room.



No comments:

Post a Comment